Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pizza Making with Two Two-Year-Olds

Toddler energy is just boundless. When my little girls are cooped inside the house for the entire week, they are just very bored. Getting them to watch Elmo's World, Mother Goose Club and Baby Einstein on their iPad is one of the last options - or perhaps when all hell breaks loose and I am in desperate need to get some peace. Other than that, I put myself with the responsibility to find some creative ways to entertain them and consequently develop their cognitive skills.

I checked some online tips, thanks to those who gave their suggestions on my fb post. One activity that caught my attention was cooking. I love to cook, so does my husband and hopefully our daughters too. But for now, what I need is a super quick recipe, one that they can help create and can be cooked fast enough for them not to lose their attention and provide them with a quick reward for a job well done. After all, the tasting part is the best reward of all, LOL!

So, I came up with a quick merienda recipe: Pizza Pan. It is less messy, easy to make and with a 3-5 minute cooking time. 

The girls just woke up from their afternoon nap when I excitedly told them that they will be cooking. At first, I only got curious looks. When I instructed Ariana that she is to put grated cheese on an already-smeared-with-sauce sliced bread, she was apprehensive first, then she got the hang of it. Alexa was tasked to put hotdog slices on the cheese. Afterwards, they switched tasks.

 Ariana on the cheese and Alexa on the hotdog

 
Then vice versa

It was then time to pop the  pizza pans in the toaster. After 3-5mins, the pizzas are ready and they were excited to see and taste their masterpiece! LOL


The finished product!



Quality analysis check...or doubtful on how it would taste?
Oh well, here goes nuthin'

Mmmm! Yummy! We're good cooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment