My little girls have been crazy over Baby Einstein. Specifically, those videos that feature animals, such as Baby McDonald, Baby Noah, Baby Neptune, World Animals, and the list goes on.
Their birthday is on the 27th of February. But then, since it is another weekday, the nearest Sunday after it would be the party date. March 2.
The venue was on Little Miss Cupcake Cafe. Discovering it was a stroke of luck. I just wanted to make "tambay" with the kids after mass while waiting for my brother's car to be car-washed. So when I saw a quaint little cafe across it, I decided to check it out. I initially just wanted to buy something to eat to make our "tambay" legal inside the cafe. But the interiors were all so pink and cute and cozy that I asked the lady managing the counter if they hold events here, which she answered with a "Yes". Then several chit chats later, the lady (one of the owners) was already giving me the menu and how this would be catered for a kiddie party for a certain number of people, as well as how kiddie foods are to be served in carton boxes to make sure that no buffet food is wasted. The cake and cupcakes were also provided by them (our initial agreement was to have only 23 cupcakes, but it seems that they gave us more!). I sent them the design and they nailed it! The rest, as they say, is history. We reserved the place for March 2, 2014.
The date, venue and theme were all set. Now to go down the nitty-gritty details of kiddie party planning. Basically all designs were done while I was in Cebu. From the invitations, to the sunshine-y, hilly backdrop (thanks Barbar), to the "Happy Birthday" logo (as requested by Mamo), name tags (thanks for the design Nean and Mark), and stickers. The assembly of cupcake toppers and hanging decors were done in Bacolod, thanks to Mamo and Mommy Nik's help as well as our yayas and Manang Meli too. I had the standees printed in Bacolod, days prior to the big day, and ordered balloons from Lopue's East, as usual. Even the dirty ice cream was a last minute offer which did not disappoint. The huntfor a party magician (we insisted on magicians since lots of kids are scared of clowns based on previous parties) was taken cared of by my friend Salve (thanks Salee!). His magical performance was not disappointing at all. It was quite a big effort but, I am happy on how the party turned out.
The food did not disappoint. Hats off to Little Miss Cupcake Cafe! The balloons gave the place a festive kiddie feel. The ice cream was sooooo abundant, we had to transfer it to another container for us to bring home. The standees and logo were so professionally done and the backdrop was just so pretty, it was even used for our annual birthday photo shoot prior to the party.
The party favors and KitKat prizes were gifts from Mamo. She had little stuff toys numbered and had each child who arrive, pick a number. The numbers were soon called out and a kid is given the stuff toy with the corresponding number picked.
The girls' dresses, as I tried to imagine, would be something Baby Einstein-ish. I am not sure what exactly, but dots were thought of. It was also good luck on my part that when we went for dress-hunting, they have these cute party dresses with dotted sashes and hems. Just right.
So, that's basically their 2nd party in a nutshell. Meanwhile, enjoy the pictures while I am thinking of what kind of party they will be having next year.
| Our birthday girls |
Baby Einstein characters
How the venue looked
The venue's logo
| some puzzles and stickers for kids to enjoy |
| party favors |
| prizes |
| my photo with the birthday girls |
| some ceiling decors |
| futile attempt for a Baby Einstein caterpillar |
| with Maya |
| Cake surrounded by Black Bottom and Strawberry cupcakes |
kiddie snacks
food buffet
food buffet
| chocolate fountain for dipping! |
| ready for the magic to happen |
Magician in action!
our guests enjoying the party
No comments:
Post a Comment