Monday, September 01, 2014

What Weekends Are Made Of

I look forward to weekends. My hubby and I agreed, even before we had kids, that weekend is for family bonding. Luckily, for the past two weekends, we were able to bring the kids to different places that were also new to us.

Tomo Cafe
     Tomo Cafe, in Talamban, is a quaint little cafe that offers with it quirky Japanese anime ambiance. The staff are dressed in French maid costumes but greet you in Japanese. The monitor inside the cafe shows unlimited anime shows, and strewn here and there inside the cafe are Mangas and Soduko book puzzles. The cafe is basically a living room of the old house which is basically the whole establishment. If you want to dine al fresco, you can, with a somewhat wide spaced lawn in front. When I looked this up on FB, I thought their lawn was wide enough for the kids to run around. Well, it is wide, but not what I expected, and you had to make sure that the kids don't go wandering to the edge, since the entire cafe is on an elevated part of the property. The coffee and the food are quite ok. But then, if you live far from the area, going there is not worth the time and effort. Unless, of course, anime runs in your blood, then this is heaven.
     Still, the kids together with their favorite playmate, Maya, enjoyed running around two weekends ago. Maya gave them gifts of toy bubbles, colored pencils and drawings to color on. They had fun wasting their toddler energy chasing bubbles, playing with the balls and coloring. Soon after, we had to say goodbye and we headed off to Lantaw in Busay, located almost on the highest peak in the City.

Dining al fresco

playing ball

Coloring!

quaint little mugs


bubbles!

dinner at Lantaw, Busay

  
IPI Sports Complex
     Swimming party at IPI Sports Complex got the best of this weekend. My teammate celebrated her son's 1st birthday with a swimming party. The pool of the complex was big, enough for an adult to swim several laps. The kiddie pool was also big enough that it was not too crowded despite the number of kids.  It is of course, obligatory for hubby and I to swim with the kids, thus only two photos were taken. But they were nice shots nonetheless. The little ladies are happy and so am I, since I was able to do some laps in the pool.


Happiness! These photos can speak for themselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment