Saturday, August 23, 2014

Book Doctor

Yes, call me a Book Doctor. You see, even when the little girls are still inside my womb, their Daddy and I bought them their first books. Then once in awhile, I would buy some hard-paged books that I would think they'd enjoy, granted that they're cheap too. They also have a lot of books from their Mamo.

I guess it comes with growing up with a sibling, or even a twin. You always have someone to play tug-of-war with. And books are no exception. I thought at first hard-paged books are indestructible from toddlers, but I was so mistaken. Tug-of-wars, using these books as props for their make-believe games and sometimes stepping on them (yes *exasperated*, and I always, always reprimand them for this).

So I end up being a fixer-upper for these books because it hurts me when I see books being thrown away. So with some glue, tape and scissors I try to salvage what I can. Despite these, I am just glad to see them interested in reading actual books. Whenever I hear them say, "Yehd buhk" (Read book), I am happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment