Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Book Reading at Fully Booked

The OC in me is bugging me to start this with a post that happened six months ago rather than the most recent. But, knowing the procrastinator in me, I think it's better to start with a story still fresh in my mind.

So, last Saturday, August 17, the little girls, their mommy-wa and I, together with manang Jen and manang Terry went to Fully Booked Ayala to join their first ever book reading. This is basically their first time to interact with other kids. Thanks to their ninang Nean, who told me about this activity and encouraged me to call and reserve two slots for the girls.

We were a bit late due to the heavy rain that noon. Little Maya, Nean's cute daughter was already there sitting at the opposite side of the circle, so the twins were not able to sit beside her. We managed to sit-in at the part of the story where the cow comes in. Luckily, the girls have been avid fans of Baby Einstein's Baby Mcdonald that they are already familiar with the "animals from the farm" as well as the domestic ones like the dog and the cat. Alexa and Ariana were able to interact with the story telling, but they seemed to be more interested with the teddy bear the girl beside us was hugging. So interested that Alexa nonchalantly approached her and attempted to grab the toy. Good thing, I was a bit quicker and managed to pull her back.


Ariana during story time


Alexa during story time

The second part was singing the Eensy Weensy Spider. Luckily (again), this is one of the several songs that I sing to them at home. The girls can do the hand action or the spider-climbing-the-water-spout in their own little way.

The third part was Arts-and-Crafts. Geez, I got two one-and-a-half-year-olds who put everything in their mouths. What do they know about art? But somehow, we made it through. With the help of their yaya, Ariana "made" a spider art and Alexa "made" a 7-legged one (she was holding the eighth leg). To cut the long story short, I'm glad we somehow managed to survive this 30-minute activity. I'm afraid the stage mother in me has started. We'll see how far a stage mother I can go.
Ariana with her artwork


Alexa's artwork


The only decent picture I got of Alexa (sorry for this pic Ariana)

No comments:

Post a Comment