Friday, September 20, 2013

SMO Fun Day

Our department was nice enough to plan a Family Day for us. This was held last September 8 at the Family Park in Talamban. It was hard to say No to this activity. The catering was much recommended, a Sunday mass will be held and kid admission is for free. I still had to pay for three adults though (hubby and our two nannies), but all in all, I guess it is a practical way for a family day out.



We came around 8:30am since we wanted to attend the mass. This coincided with Mama Mary's birthday so it was a good decision for the event planners to have this included in the activities. 

I was part of Team Pink Panthers so I had the kids dressed up in their pink "I Love Mommy" shirts (I swear those were the only matching pink shirts available in their closet), denim shorts and pink sneakers. I had on a white shirt, shorts and pink Chucks. I know it was gonna be an activity-filled day so I came prepared.

However, since I have the kids with me, we were not able to participate that much on the games. I got to participate in the Cheering, the Zumba with the little girls dancing along, and that's about it. 

The girls went in front and joined the Zumba dance



The food did not disappoint. The girls enjoyed the lasagna (not my favorite, but it was ok since it has more of a Pinoy-style flavor so kids surely loved it) and some of the veggies. Well, mostly lasagna. They even had their dibs on the free ice cream and popcorn. I was feeling a little bit of a "cool" mom that time, so I let them taste all the FREE kiddie food available.

We decided to cut the festivities at around past 1pm since the kids are getting tired. They were only able to have their nap during the mass which was around an hour and were not able to take another one after lunch. They were enjoying walking and running in the grass and checking out the ducks and the goose at the nearby pond. The day was a little humid so we gave them a lot of fluids. They each even finished a 9oz bottle filled with water alone. 


Family pic (I looked so red coz it's so mainit!)



Enjoying the grass
I am glad they got to see a new place, interact with other people and kids and basically explore. I allowed them to do all the things they wanted since at this stage they are in awe with new things they discover. Plus, I am pretty sure they'll be "knocked out" at bedtime.
Ariana showing her dancing skills
Photo with Ninang Nean and Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment