Sunday, October 07, 2012

Recollections of their 2nd Month

Yes, it seems to take me quite a long time before I could post their 2nd month milestones. They're now actually 7 months old, going on their 8th month and with the rate I'm going, the twins may be on their toddler years before I finish this 12-month milestones.

On their 2nd month, I believed (or convinced myself to) that I am getting the hang of it. I had set my mind that I am already a mom of two babies and that at least on their first 2 to 3 months, I will be 100% hands on with them. Of course, that does not discount the fact that I still need another set of hands to help me especially when they cry awake at the same time. So, yes, thanks to my hubby, my mother-in-law, my papa and my brother who was with us on the 1st week to teach us how to take care of newborns. Here are some notable bits and pieces of their 2nd month that I was able to jot down:

  • I have come to realize that their sleeping habits change every month. At this time, Alexa sleeps longer at night.
  • Did you know that newborns do not have tears yet? Well, around this time, Alexa has developed her tear ducts and sheds tears when she cries.
  • A week after, Ariana also has tears whenever she cries.
  • April 3, 2012: Alexa had her first time to have her nails clipped.
  • April 7, 2012: Ariana had her first time to have her nails clipped as well.
  • This was also the time when both are colicky. But Ariana had it worse since she cannot sleep at night because of it.
  • April 19, 2012: I received the results of their New Born Screening and thank God that the results are normal. Weee! :)
  • Ariana had her first try on the bouncy that Mammo gave and she loved it. She sleeps easily on it. (April 13, 2012). Alexa loved the bouncy too, but Ariana enjoyed it a lot.
  • They had their first dibs on the Marks & Spencer onesies Mammo gave. (thanks Mammo!)
  • The twins can utter word-like sounds such as "ageee" and "agaay".
  • Their interactions involve: smiling, making sounds (word-like), following facial expressions, and focusing their eyes (which leads to the fact that their eyes always follow where the light is).
  • They also do this "kurog2x" sa mouth when they cry and sometimes their mouths form in such a way that reminds me of a T-rex. LOL.
  • At the end of April, we noticed that their lashes grew longer and they have much visible brows.
A pictorial for Mammo thanking her for her gifts

Left: Ariana enjoying and easily falling asleep on the bouncy; Right: Alexa also enjoying her first moments on the bouncy.

"...a random pictorial by Mummy. She seemed bored at that time so she made us look as if we're talking to each other."

Our 1-month old Arabellas going on their 2nd month
Pappo's turn to bantay us. He is feeding Alexa here.

 Mama Perl and Papa Nonoy visited the twins last April 2012. Right Pic: Mama Perl feeding Ariana.

"Daddy and Daddy-Lo feeding us while we're waiting for our turn at the Doctor's clinic."

"Our 2nd-month celebration which came a bit thrifty, but still yum! Red Ribbon mamon and ice cream."

Happy 2nd month Arabellas! With Mummy, Daddy and Mommy-wa.


No comments:

Post a Comment