I have always been open to my then-boyfriend-now-hubby how much I (or almost all women I know) appreciate flowers given especially on Valentine's Day. It does not have to be a grand bouquet or three-stemmed ones that come in a box. A single-stemmed flower, be it a rose or any kind of flower is enough for me to feel very special on hearts day. Even a flower picked from a bush or tree (or whatever plant it came from) is special for me.
Imagine my slight annoyance when on the eve of Valentine's Day, he kept on saying that flowers are a waste of money and he'd rather give me chocolates or any other gift other than flowers. So, I retorted that I can ask one of our housemates to buy me one instead if he does not want to give me one, just so to prove my point.
To cut the long story short, I am expecting this to be another anecdote that he would proudly tell anyone. Why? Well, imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and found a bouquet of 3 red roses with 2 yellow buds on our bed. My only reaction was to look at him with a sheepish grin on my face and he laughed out loud. Not only that, he then started to recite all the things I told him the night before when I was getting annoyed at him. I just kept my mouth shut with a grin the whole morning.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! ♥♥♥
No comments:
Post a Comment