Sunday, February 12, 2012

7th Month

7 months. Jan 11 - Feb 1 2012.

On my 7th month, there were several uterine contractions that I experienced which caused me a lot of fear and apprehension for the safety of my babies. The first "scary" one was on January 13 which caused pain especially on my back that I dared not move or get up from bed to contact my hubby. When we had our check up, the doctor said that this is possibly a symptom of pre-term labor and she taught me how to identify the contractions from that of Braxton Hicks. I had a week of bedrest after the consultation. Then, on the 22nd of January, just when I was ready to report back to work the next day, I experienced another painful sensation on the lower left side of my tummy. So, back to the doctor it is and she advised me to have my bedrest till my 35th week (I was on my 30th week at that time). The doctor also discovered 2 1-cm kidney stones on both sides which were most probably caused by the calcium supplements that I took during this pregnancy. She advised me to stop taking them and instead, drink Anmum to supplement my calcium needs (oh, boy!)

So, after the doctor advised bedrest for me, every day was just a routine. It's a good thing I had cable and internet to keep me entertained. Hubby was also supportive as he always comes home to have lunch with me. My tummy is gettng bigger and the babies heavier. Still, I was able to manage a snapshot of my tummy right before the 7th month ended (I was only wearing pambahay so there's only the tummy shot).

at 7 months

trying to emphasize how big my tummy is nearing the end of 7 months

No comments:

Post a Comment