Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Treasures I found over the weekend

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I got myself some "me" time over the weekend. Somehow, it reminded me of my lifestyle when I was still single and living in Manila.

My feet, or rather the taxi brought me to Ayala. Little did I know there was a mall-wide sale that weekend.

I planned to buy a book and spend the time reading it in the quietest cafe I can find at the Terraces in Ayala Cebu. Judging from the situation, finding that place would be no mean feat. Luckily, a lot of the books at Fully-Booked were on sale. I got myself two. One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell and the other, The Lost Diary of Don Juan by Douglas Carlton Abrams. 

I fell in love with the Don Juan book as much as I fell in love with Johnny Depp's character (and Johnny Depp as well) in the movie Don Juan de Marco. I have read the book while I was still in Manila courtesy of my gal pal Melai. But I didn't care. I still wanted one for myself. 

don juan

Another treasure
After purchasing my fabulous finds, I was still lucky enough to find a corner at a certain coffee shop and spent 2 hours reading. Fabulous "me" time if I may say so myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment