The year 2011 witnessed a lot of BIG changes in my life. First of all, I GOT MARRIED! Yes, finally after 6 years and 6 months of being a couple, 9 months of being engaged, and 9 months of tedious planning, calculating expenses, and oh yes, a few quarrels here and there, we're finally MR. and MRS. GEE. :)
January 5, 2011 was the date when all our family and friends witnessed as we exchanged our vows and promised each other everlasting love and friendship. (naks!)
The ceremony was held at a beautiful Chapel in a subdivision in Bacolod. We opted for a beach-themed wedding and the Chapel with its native and rustic design was the perfect setting. I opted for an all-white Church motif. We had white long-stemmed calla lilies along the aisle and my bouquet was a bunch of stark white calla lilies too! I love, love, love, my bouquet. The beautiful flower arrangements were done by our florist, Tita Jane of Trims and Treasures.
![]() |
| The Chapel (photo courtesy of Dustin Mijares) |
The aisle I walked down to. The altar has a mosaic made of shells.
| My bouquet of white calla lilies |
We had three colors for the wedding motif and these are essentially summer colors: coral, azure and teal-turquoise. The Mothers wore the coral color for them to "pop out" from the sea of blue and green hues. My Maid of Honor (my pretty sister) and all nine (yes 9!) of my bridesmaids wore the color azure. My adorable flower girls and my secondary sponsors wore the teal-turquoise shade. We also asked our ninangs to wear light or powder blue just to get away from the usual beige colors which is a common sight for female primary sponsors. All the gentlemen who participated in the entourage and offertory wore formal Barong Tagalog while my future Mr. Gee wore a tuxedo.
I stand corrected, my future Mr. Gee AND the most adorable ring bearer in the world wore a tuxedo.
![]() | |
| (From top left clockwise: the ninangs, my parents, the ninongs, and my parents-in-law) |
![]() |
| (From top left clockwise: Maid of Honor, my bridesmaids, Mr.Gee with the best man and groomsmen, and the two most adorable pair in the entourage) See how the vibrant colors of the flowers are more emphasized against the azure background of the bridesmaids' dresses?
Other details of the wedding were not ignored especially with the help of our events planner, Dynamancer Events Management.
Not also did our florist arrange the flowers, they also provided the gifts for the offertory with the fruits and wrappers matching perfectly with our motiff.
We also got the best photographer in town, Jes Narazzo of Jes Photoworks. The man is a GENIUS. With him, you're paying for the talent. The wonderful photos in this post were taken by him.
Our makeup was done by Carlos Durana, another genius in his own right. He did my make up plus the two mothers and the two sisters all under P6,000.00. Based on the results, I think I got the better side of the bargain, don't you think?
My oh-so-beautiful and unique invitations were done by no other than the talented Christine Jarina. I got lots of praises for my invitations. Thank you, Tin.
My arrhae was my collection of coins from all over the world. I got the 10-Php coin, 2-Euro coin, a dollar, HongKong coins (courtesy of blogger extraordinaire, Nean G.) and Arabic ones.
Our rings were from a renowned jewelry shop in the region.
And of course, my wedding gown and Mr. Gee's tuxedo. There were more than a few closed calls and mishaps till the wedding gown and tuxedo arrived. We had these made (separately though) from dressmakers in our hometown. It was a bit of a headache, but in the end, we were happy when everything just turned out great.
The only thing that I wish I could change were my shoes. For the entire shoe-hunting-for-the-bride time, I never felt that jolt in my heart that would tell me THIS IS IT! It's Shoe or die! No, never had that. Not even till the last minute when I opted for a pretty pair. I wasn't in love with it, but it was the nearest one compared to the other shoes I've considered. Lucky for Mr.Gee he got the perfect pair! A sleek pair, a trusted brand, and at a bargain price. I envy him.
Make up by Carlos Durana
(From top left clockwise: the tuxedo, my wedding gown, the Invitation,
my shoes, cord, arrhae, and our wedding bands)
We had a very wonderful ceremony, dotted here and there by laughter and giggles brought by no other than our priest, Father Mitch Guadalupe. He is hilarious but he makes it a point that we understand what he said in his sermon.
|
| with Father Mitch |
And finally, we were married.
It was a rollercoaster ride but we held on and we made it to the end. Well, not exactly. Endings are just beginnings and we are excited and happy to start this one together.




No comments:
Post a Comment