Friday, December 06, 2013

Coloring and the Arabellas

My friend Nean, on one of our many conversations, told me that what she noticed with little kids these days, is the lack of interest in writing or drawing. Basically, the attraction of the pencil and crayon eludes them.

I pondered for sometime, and somehow, with the advent of iPads, tablets and touch screens, drawing and writing come with just a tap of a finger on the glass. 

When we went home for the weekend, I brought out the Dunkin' Donuts coloring books. These were freebies from their Trick or Treat last Halloween. We showed the little girls what would happen when the crayon comes in contact with the paper. I gave them the free hand (or both hands for that matter) on what to do with the coloring book. Well, I can say that they enjoyed this new experience. I just hope this stays till their school-age years.


Alexa

Ariana

nangangapit-bahay LOL

Ariana

Alexa

1 comment:

Nean Guzman said...

Not bad for a first try. Practice, practice lage. Hhhhmnn…Alexa shows fondness, Ariania depth and seriousness. Go figure.
Love you both!

Post a Comment