Saturday, June 30, 2012

Recollections of their 1st Month

It seems like yesterday when they were still in my tummy. And just like that, they were turning a month old. Yes, a month. That quick. Since the day they were born, there were a lot of fond memories. Memories that had me thinking now, "How did I do it?" Of course, I have to give credit to my mother-in-law who was with us from the time I gave birth until now. But, thinking about the pressures of a first-time mom is something. Being a first-time mom to twins, I believe, is on a whole new different level. Still, this is a recollection I have of their milestones from Day 1 till their 1st month which I want to embed forever in this little nook in cyberspace. 
  • We left them at the hospital for three days. During those times, I would go to the hospital and give the nurses my expressed milk and even breastfeed the babies directly, loving every moment of it.
  • They were brought home on March 5, 2012.
  • Day 1 at home was a real "eye-opener". On their 1st night, I thought being able to express milk was enough to keep them full. Little did I know, my milk was not enough at that time. They would sleep while being breastfed but a few minutes after they were put in the crib, they would wake up, cry and demand to be fed. I thought my milk supply would be infinite. Unfortunately, it wasn't. The daddy had to go out and buy distilled water for their infant formula. That was already 4am and I only slept for an hour. That was the start of my 4-hour interrupted sleep for the next months.
  • This was when my love-hate relationship for infant formula started. Love since sometimes, it could be my savior especially if I run out of milk (yes, that I think can happen if you're feeding twins). And hate, because I know that it is not 100% good for them turning me into a strong advocate for breastfeeding.
  • The day when we realized Ariana has not pooped for 6 days, making us rush three times to the pediatrician. Apparently, this was an effect of infant formula. 
  • Knowing the effects infant formula had on my babies made me exert more effort in producing breastmilk. Thus, my malunggay weeks came to be and I was happy with the support my family gave.
  • Noticing on their 2nd week at home that they already gained weight.
  • Morning sunbathing sessions for their yellowish skin
  • Noticing their tensed and red faces when they're trying to push out their poo making us, again, rush to the pediatrician to know why these things happen to babies.
  • And last but not least, celebrating their 1st month in this world.
Yes, all these were jotted down on my journal and I am happy I did since this is a recollection now that, as of writing, they are on their 4th month. 

1st day at home

Alexa's pic w/ Tito Doc

Ariana's pic w/ Tito Doc

sunbathing session
Their 1st month birthday cake

Asleep on their 1st month birthday celebration

With mummy and daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment