Saturday, October 29, 2011

A New Adventure

Yes, finally I'm back. It has been a roller coaster ride for the past few months that is why I was not able to write anything on this blog. The roller coaster ride comes with it the big news that would change my life forever.

I'm gonna be a Mommy! =)

Yes, you read it right. This may be less meaningful under different circumstances but, with my past experiences, this is nothing short of a miracle.

January 2008. I was scheduled for an oophorectomy (surgical removal of an ovary). This was because on the previous year, I had been suffering with severe cramps and dysmenorrhea while still working in Makati. That was when the doctor discovered I had a cyst on my left ovary. After the operation, they told me that I only had the right ovary since they had to take away the other one due to the massive endometrial cyst (approx. 6cmx6cmx6cm). The worse thing is, there is a chance that the cyst would come back. After a month, I came back to work and month after month, I still suffer the same cramps.

June 2009. I was able to transfer in Cebu. With the cramps getting more painful each month, I had a check up and discovered that the cyst grew again, now on my cervix (approx. 4cmx4cmx4cm). The doctor knew about my history and she gave me shots to stop my period hoping that the cyst would shrink in due time. Taking a shot worth almost Php 3k a month (w/o any medical assistance from the company since I was not regular yet at that time), I tried to ignore it and enjoyed the months without my monthly visitor. After 6 months, the doctor happily announced that the cyst has shrunk.

This is also one of the reasons why my husband and I decided to get married since the doctor once again told us that the cyst might come back and would cause fertility problems.

Seven months after our wedding, after a lot of prayers and belief that I will not need any medical help to get pregnant, three (yes 3!) home pregnancy tests showed that we will be having a baby. 



And, not just that, we're having twins! Pretty good for a single ovary, eh? The sonographer even told me that there was another growing cyst and adenomyoma in my uterus and was surprised that we were able to conceive despite these conditions. These are indeed miracles in our lives. The 1st trimester was rather a bumpy ride because of nausea, poor appetite and the difficulty of adjusting to a new lifestyle (bed rest for 3 weeks and staying put in the house during weekends), but somehow with my hubby's support I was able to go through it. I thank God I married this guy.

I am now in my 2nd trimester, the twins are 4 months in my tummy now. We still have some trying times and a few worries on how the babies are doing but with a lot of prayers and support, I know that we will be having these 2 summer lovelies in our lives next year. Right now, I have friends who are trying to conceive and I always tell them to pray and believe that their precious gift will be given to them, the same way these little fighters were given to us.


At 6 weeks
At 8 weeks

My tummy nearing the end of the 1st trimester

2 comments:

annareyna said...

congrats ger!!! I'm so happy for you!! :) there are lives inside that big tummy! haha

Nean Guzman said...

You know how much we love you Mrs.Gee. We wish and pray for your safe and happy pregnancy. We are excited for the twins too. As much as we look forward to the next year, we just also want to enjoy your company. Certainly, opportunities and decisions can pave way for you and your family to relocate...just thinking about it, we are starting to miss you. Part of us wanted to see you and Brian running after the twins with us by the beach or just at any parties vice versa. For now, let's savor one day at time. Happy pregnancy!

Post a Comment